13 April, 2010

Preparing for the next summer

Today I spent preparing to leave the southern summer to fly north for their summer.


I have collected most of the parts for Malua and have confirmed the flight details, booked the bus to Sydney Airport and confirmed the booking at the hotel in Athens. Lets hope this time the hotel has the correct room. Last time we stayed there was a mixup and Denny and I had to share a single bet for the first night. Not something we have done for a long time.

I then attempted to phone the bus service to book a seat on the bus from Athens to Preveza or in fact Aktio which is where Malua has wintered. A detail search of the web turned up a few phone numbers but all turned out incorrect. Then a search of the blogs and news groups and a gem was uncovered. The correct number. A very polite greek lady answered the phone and took my booking for Sunday at noon. We will arrive in the dark but that is the least of our concerns.

IMG_8747.JPG


No comments: