26 October, 2014

The last leg home to Australia

I am sitting in Noumea New Caledonia waiting for a good weather window to leave on the last leg of the cruise from the Mediterranean. It seems a long time ago, in fact ten years since I sailed the Pacific and decided to sail to the Med.  As most of you know I did not actually meet the time constraints and took the easy way round but now I am on the last leg towards Australia.
It will be a six to seven day passage with the worst weather along the coast of Australia.  The seven day forecast gives me strong winds from the north on the last two day as I get close to Coffs harbour.  If it get too uncomfortable I may just divert to Sydney but that will be a last resort.
I will try to keep the blog up to-date as I sail westwards but the propagation is not good at this time so dont be worried but do look at http://www.yit.co.nz/yacht/malua to get an update.
Again we have a magical moment on Malua

No comments: